If you’re a fan of peanut butter and love indulging in sweet treats but follow a vegan lifestyle, you’re in for a delightful surprise! These Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Eggs are the perfect solution for satisfying your cravings without compromising your principles. Made with simple, wholesome ingredients, these homemade treats are not only vegan but also incredibly delicious. So, let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to make these mouthwatering delights!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (make sure it’s vegan, with no added dairy)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (you can use almond flour as an alternative)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (dark chocolate works best)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Step 1: Making the Peanut Butter Filling
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter, coconut flour (or almond flour), pure maple syrup (or agave nectar), pure vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until they form a smooth and well-combined dough. If the mixture appears too sticky, add a bit more flour until you achieve a workable consistency.
- Once the dough is ready, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 20-30 minutes. This will help it firm up, making it easier to shape later.
Step 2: Shaping the Peanut Butter Eggs
- After chilling the dough, take it out of the refrigerator and use your hands to shape it into egg-like forms. You can make them as big or as small as you prefer.
- Place the shaped peanut butter eggs on a parchment-lined tray and put them back in the refrigerator while you prepare the chocolate coating.
Step 3: Preparing the Chocolate Coating
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the vegan chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Step 4: Coating the Peanut Butter Eggs
- Take the peanut butter eggs out of the refrigerator.
- Using a fork or toothpicks, dip each egg into the melted chocolate mixture, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Gently tap the fork or toothpick on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Return the chocolate-coated eggs to the parchment-lined tray and put them back in the refrigerator for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Step 5: Enjoy! Once the chocolate coating has hardened, your Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Eggs are ready to be enjoyed! Keep them stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long!).
Conclusion: These Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Eggs are a delectable treat for any occasion. Not only are they cruelty-free and plant-based, but they’re also made with love and wholesome ingredients. Whether you’re a vegan or simply looking for a tasty and healthier alternative to traditional peanut butter eggs, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you wanting more! So, gather your ingredients and start creating these delightful vegan goodies today. Happy snacking!